|January 9, 2018||Registration, Airfare & Hotel Reservations Open|
|March 5, 2018||Online Registration, Airfare, Hotel Reservations Closes 11:59 p.m. EDT|
As a member of the STEM Learning Ecosystems National Community of Practice, travel, hotel and registration fees for two people will be covered by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative. Additional STEM Learning Ecosystem members are encouraged to attend, as noted below. Additional attendees will be responsible for their travel, hotel and registrations costs.
We suggest your team include:
The Ecosystem Lead who should always plan to attend. Others that are strongly encouraged to attend as are…
- Local employer(s) with a vision and collaborative approach to problem solving are also strongly encouraged to attend
- Local funders
- PK-12 leaders
- Post-secondary leaders tasked with creating programming that is responsive to local workforce demands
- Formal and informal educators including Out-of-School Time providers and STEM Rich Institutions
- VISTA Member
As you work to determine your team, please keep in mind:
- Two members’ registration, travel and hotel will be supported by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative. Please talk with your STEM Learning Ecosystem Lead about registering as one of these two slots.
- Additional members will be responsible for the costs of registration, travel and hotel.
- At this Community of Practice, we have invited communities to submit proposals for sessions. The speaker/presenter being proposed should be included as a member of your team. (see below for proposal information).
- VISTA Members and their Supervisors should also be included as members of your team. Please note that there will not be a VISTA Supervisor meeting at the Convening, but the VISTA Members will have a meeting. VISTA Members travel, hotel and registration is also supported by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative.
Airfare and Hotel Reservations
How will hotel accommodations be arranged?
Hotel accommodations will be made by us once all attendees have registered and completed this online request form (by March 5, 2018). You do NOT need to do anything to secure your hotel room. We will send you the name, location, and a confirmation number for the hotel once rooms are reserved. We will also secure rooms for any additional attendees (up to two per community) at our discounted rate, but at his/her cost. We have negotiated a rate of $299 per night plus taxes during our convening.
How will airfare be arranged?
Airfare reservations will be arranged by our travel agent Manya Petropaki. She will contact you to arrange travel logistics once the online form is completed and submitted.
Every effort will be made to secure flights that are not too burdensome or restrictive.
NOTE: For the airfare supported by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative, we will pay the 30 day prepay fare only. If you wish to change to a different flight or change dates, the additional costs will be your responsibility.
For a handful of people, where flights into and out of the DC area may be challenging, we will cover your hotel room for a third night. However, we anticipate most participants will arrive on Wednesday, April 4, 2018 and depart following the meeting on Friday, April 6, 2018. Please make note of any foreseen challenges on the form.
How much does it cost to register?
Registration is $495 for attendees. All convening attendees are expected to pay the registration fee, including STEM Funders Network Members. All major credit cards are accepted for payment during the registration process. Alternatively, let us know if you need an invoice sent to you for payment.
For two attendees from each Ecosystem, the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative will support:
- Registration ($495 per person). This will provide access to both the National Community of Practice Convening and US News STEM Solutions
- Airfare – 30 day prepaid coach fare at lowest possible rate
- Transportation to and from the airport and the hotel (will be paid via a stipend following the convening)
- Hotel room and tax for two nights (incidentals will not be covered)
In addition, the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative will support the registration, travel, and hotel for STEM Ecosystem VISTA Members. The VISTA Member attending will be counted as a fifth member of your team and therefore does not count against your team of four members.
Each partipating STEM Learning Ecosystem is encouraged to bring at least four members to the Convening. Two registrations for members of each participating STEM Learning Ecosystem are supported by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative plus two additional members at his/her cost ($495 paid via credit card through this portal or via invoice). For additional members, space may be limited, so please register early.
What if my STEM Learning Ecosystem wants to bring more than 4 members?
Because we are co-hosting our meeting with the US News STEM Solutions, we are able to accommodate teams of more than four members. We encourage you to invite additonal members at his/her cost ($495 paid via credit card through this portal or via invoice).
- Registration: Cancellation or request for changes to convening registration must be made in writing and received no later than March 5, 2018 for refund. Any cancellations received after March 5, 2018 will not be refunded.
- Airfare: For airfare purchased by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative, any costs associated with changing flight dates, etc. is the participant’s responsiblity. The STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative will not assume any costs associated with flight changes once the purchased as been made. In addition, in cases where the participant is forced to cancel their airfare, he/she is responsible for notifying us in writing as soon as possible. The participant will be invoiced the airfare amount, and he/she will have the flight credit with the airline.
- Hotel: For hotel being supported by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative, cancellation or request for changes to hotel reservations must be made in writing as soon as possible. If the hotel reservation is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to check-in, the participant will be invoiced the hotel rates plus taxes.