On May 19, 2016, the SFN announced the addition of ten ecosystem communities to join the national STEM Ecosystems Initiative comprised of the inaugural 27 ecosystem communities across the United States. The selected sites from across the United States have committed to collaborate and share their work towards this common vision.
The ten incoming ecosystem communities will join their national colleagues in creating integrated STEM learning opportunities for millions of youth across the county.
The following ecosystem communities were selected to become part of this national STEM Learning Ecosystem:
- Bmore STEM (Baltimore, MD)
- Carbon/Schuylkill/Luzerne Counties Ecosystem (Schnecksville, PA)
- Central NM STEM-H Education Hub (Albuquerque, NM)
- Central Oklahoma Regional STEM Alliance (Oklahoma City, OK)
- DC STEM Network (Washington, DC)
- Northeast Florida STEM Hub (Jacksonville, FL)
- Lancaster County STEM Alliance (Lancaster, PA)
- North Louisiana STEM Alliance (Shreveport, LA)
- Omaha STEM Ecosystem (Omaha, NE)
- STEM Hub Downeast (Machias, ME)