3 years, 10 months ago Veronica GonzalesKeymasterAfterschool WebinarThe Growing Out-of-School Time Field: Part IWednesday, December 13 at 2 p.m. ETThe OST field has come a long way over the past two decades, and the newly released book, The Growing Out-of-School-Time Field: Past, Present, and Future, delves into the ways in which the OST field has grown and matured as a partner in helping children and youth reach their full potential.In part one of this two-part webinar series, you’ll hear from leading researchers in the OST field who wrote chapters focused on the critical role the OST has played to promote positive youth development over the years, particularly for those in underserved communities. This webinar will also discuss the part research has played in the OST field’s responsiveness to the needs of students and importance of supporting continuous improvement within the field.Speakers:
- Nickki Pearce Dawes, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Gil G. Noam, Ed.D., Ph.D., Founder and Director, PEAR Institute: Partnerships in Education and Resilience at McLean Hospital; Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Gilda Martinez-Alba, Ed.D., Chair, Department of Educational Technology and Literature and Director, Graduate Reading Program, Towson University
- Judith Cruzado-Guerrero, Ph.D., Coach – Universal Design for Learning and Professional Development School Liaison at Anne Arundel County Public Schools
- Helen Janc Malone, Ed.D., Director of Education Policy & Institutional Advancement and National Director of the Education Policy Fellowship Program, Institute for Educational Leadership (Moderator)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.