2 years, 2 months ago Tim SissonParticipant
CS for ECO Webinar: Broadening Participation in Computer Science (BPC): Community Advice and Resources
Date: June 10, 2019
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- Colleen Lewis, McGregor-Girand Associate Professor of Computer Science, Harvey Mudd College
- Linda J. Sax, Professor of Education and Information Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles
- Wendy M. DuBow, NCWIT Director of Evaluation, Senior Research Scientist, University of Colorado Boulder
- Tracy Camp, Department Head and Professor of Computer Science (CS@Mines), Colorado School of Mines
- Diane Levitt, Senior Director of K-12 Education, Cornell Tech, Cornell University
What do we mean by BPC?
The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) is committed to broadening participation in computing (BPC).
CISE strongly encourages meaningful actions that address the longstanding underrepresentation of various populations — including women, African Americans, Hispanics, American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, Native Pacific Islanders, and persons with disabilities — in the computing field.
In short, how can higher education and K-12 collectively increase opportunities for targeted groups to participate in current and authentic learning experiences in computer science.
If you have questions related to broadening participation in computing you want to be sure we address, please post them to this discussion thread.2 years, 2 months ago Katie BurchParticipant
This sounds great! How can we join the webinar on June 10? Is there a link? Do you know if it will be recorded?2 years, 2 months ago Tim SissonParticipant
Here is the registration link for the webinar.
A formal communication will be going out from the SLE CoP channel soon.
Again, please let us know:
- If you want to share your current experiences in BPC activities.
- If you have questions regarding BPC that you want to be sure we address on the call.
BPC = Broadening Participation in Computing
Have a great holiday weekend all!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.