4 years, 4 months ago Veronica GonzalesKeymaster
The Early Childhood Practice Group has organized a webinar with the authors of “STEM Starts Early” on March 29th from 12pm-1pm ET and is pleased to invite the National CoP to join.
STEM Starts Early Authors Presentation
Wed, Mar 29, 2017 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
Access Code: 720-593-053
In preparation for this webinar, we would like some insight on where your community is at with Early Childhood Education – Please respond:
1. How is Early Learning represented in your ecosystem?
· What does STEM learning look like for young children? How might that change over time?
2. Do you face any challenges in the realm of Early Learning? If so, please describe.
· What role do parents play in early STEM learning, and what can they do to better support their child’s STEM development?
· What message can we share with parents to help them understand the importance of extended and multiple experiences for STEM learning across early childhood? Why is it important to give very young children opportunities to experience supported STEM learning, even before they enter school?
· What kind of professional development does the report suggest is necessary for teachers who want to integrate more STEM into their early childhood classrooms? What kind of information, skills, and experiences would be important for them?
3. What would you like to know to support your Early Learning work?
· In what ways can you see STEM being woven into current curricula and time blocks in the classroom – for example, into the literacy curriculum, arts and crafts, snack or lunch time, or playtime and recess periods?
· What role do research and policy play in bringing STEM education to early childhood?
· Consider how you might make a case to your administrators or to local funders about integrating STEM into early childhood programs. How can you make a good case for STEM in Early Childhood?
Thank you in advance for your input and we look forward to having you on the line on March 29th!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.